LEGOLAND® Florida , Central Florida’s newest theme park, opened its all-new water park attraction today, greeting thousands of bathing suit-clad guests eager to splash, slide and soak up some sun.
A “park within a park,” the attraction includes Build-A-Raft River, where guests can build their own LEGO inner tubes and float down a 1,000-foot lazy river. For the little ones, the DUPLO® Splash Safari is a toddler haven with perfectly sized slides a zero-depth wading pool.
Guests of all ages can play for hours at the Joker Soaker water playground, a riot of brightly colored ladders, levers, pumps and slides of every length and type. And a 583,000-gallon, crystal-clear wave pool and five slippery-fast water slides will thrill families all day long.
With the new attraction, LEGOLAND Florida has also added a new Beach-n-Brick Grille, an outdoor patio where hungry guests can dine on jerk chicken, mahi mahi and pulled pork sandwiches, as well as chicken fingers, hamburgers and hotdogs. Every menu item is priced below $10, before tax, including combos that come with fries, salad or slaw and a 22-ounce drink.
Key areas of LEGOLAND Water Park attraction include:
- LEGO Wave Pool – Families can catch a gentle wave or simply cool off in this perfectly sized wave pool where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy
- Build-A-Raft River – Families can imagine, design and build a unique LEGO vessel and set afloat on a maiden voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river, set amongst playful LEGO Friends, flowering vegetation and palm trees
- Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a refreshing pool below
- Splash Out – The thrill seekers of the family can ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop and “splash out” into the water below
- Joker Soaker – A fun, interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides that offer something different for every member of the family. Guests can wade in the surrounding pool and be surprised with a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket
- DUPLO Splash Safari – Toddlers will rule at this water play area with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life DUPLO creatures
Admission to the water park attraction is included with an all-new LEGOLAND Premium Pass, which offers 12 months admission to LEGOLAND Florida and seasonal access to the LEGOLAND Water Park for just $179 for adults and $149 for child/senior. Single-day LEGOLAND Florida guests may upgrade to a water park attraction ticket for an additional $12 per person (children under 3 are $3). The Premium Pass is now available for purchase at www.LEGOLAND.com or AAA Auto Group branches.